Sunday, March 17, 2013

[3/11/2013] Leaving the MTC

My mission is...HERE!
Man, I´m so glad to hear that Seth is getting better. I have been praying for him earnestly. I have had this feeling all along like everything would be ok, and that this would be an opportunity for him to strengthen his testimony and develop a closer relationship with God. Just like you said about the blessing!

And that´s not exactly how Elder Valora´s story went. But that´s ok. He got the gist of it. By the way, Elder Valora is famous! Look up Mormon Messages called "The Mormon Mustang" and "Spiritual Vertigo".

Speaking of famous people, Elder Ries and Elder Christensen from The District both work here at the MTC and I see them regularly! It´s kinda cool.

I really love the weather here. It´s so nice! I have regular nosebleeds though. I have also noticed myself inheriting Ute speak every now and then. :o

Christian told me in a letter he would be surprising y'all. Teehee! That's so cool about the timing of it. Man, the Lord is awesome. I find myself learning new things every day and being converted by the Spirit every day.

We fly out tomorrow morning at 8:30, so I have to be up by 4. I'm so excited to get to the field! Last night, we ran into an elder who used to live in Everett, so he was telling us a little bit about what to expect.
I finally got my first letter from Leanne. What a day-maker! I say finally, because it feels like a month I've been here.

Dad, my blogspot was made with my gmail account, which is the same as my G+. I donno what's going on. Just do your best! I'll try to get some pictures sent home a little later.

Did my BYU mission deferment form get sent out?

Funny story of the week:

A group of new elders heading to DC arrived this week. One of them is a really skinny guy, named Elder Porter, from Idaho Falls, who seems to have a mild form of palsy in the right side. He's also really good at rapping freestyle! This morning, we were doing laundry, and he had a rap battle with another big, Hispanic elder from the Cypress area, and Elder Porter tore him up!  Being from the H-town and all, I helped supply the beat against the nearest dryer. Before long, everyone in the laundry room (about 30 people) were intently watching as this elder busted flows about the Nephites and Joseph Smith's First Vision and even tracting. So funny!

This week, I really strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon. Our district was having a testimony meeting and one of the sisters said something about exercising faith in Christ. So I opened to Alma 32, which I've read many times, and began again. Having had doubts about my testimony and its conviction (I know, Satan's doing)  I was so powerfully reassured that it was a process, and I would continue to grow as a follower of Christ and that I was right on track with Heavenly Father.

This is an amazing work, and I can't wait to get to the field! So awesome! I love you all thiiiiiis much!

-Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment